Non-Mortgage Housing Loan
The non-mortgage housing loan is a loan accessed from a registered financial institution for purposes of buying, building and/or renovating your house. Generally, such loans have the following features:
- No bond registration costs (which are normally associated with mortgage-based home loans).
- Shorter repayment terms (3-7 years).
- Average loan amounts of up to R250 000 – subject to affordability and lenders qualification terms.
- Evidence of property existence and/or ownership.
- Employees may access this type of housing loan through lenders who participate in GEHS.